Each winter, the influenza virus wreaks havoc on our ability to work, go to school, and play. Some common symptoms of the flu include fever, sore throat, fatigue, muscle aches, runny nose, and cough. This year, boost your immune system at the first sign of flu with the Warming Sock treatment, a personal favorite home remedy for getting over colds and flu fast.
- 1 pair of thin white cotton socks
- 1 pair of thick wool socks
- warm bath or a warm foot bath
- Frist, warm your feet. Take a nice relaxing bath or foot soak for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Dry your feet thoroughly.
- Take the pair of thin cotton socks and soak them in ice water. Wring them out well (as if they had just come out of the spin cycle) and put them on your nicely warmed feet. Alternatively, you can do this step in cool water and put the socks in the refrigerator or freezer while you warm your feet.
- Cover the cotton socks with thick wool socks.
- Go directly to bed and bundle up.
- Keep the socks on overnight. You’ll find the socks will be completely dry in the morning and you’ll notice less symptoms of the cold or flu.
This treatment is meant to increase your circulation. This removes congestion from your head and chest and circulates your white blood cells- your body’s natural protectors from viruses and bacteria. Use this treatment at least three nights in a row or as directed by your physician. As a bonus, you’ll find yourself sleeping better.