The licensure of Naturopathic medicine is governed by state legislatures in the United States. The following are states that have licensed Board Certified Doctors of Naturopathic Medicine:
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- United States Territories: Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands
Donate to MANP
Make a donation to help bring licensing of Naturopathic Medicine to Michigan. Any amount is appreciated. We are infinitely grateful for your contribution*.
The aforementioned state legislatures had the foresight, organization and awareness of the benefits of Naturopathic Medicine to make licensure a priority. Michigan does not currently have legislation for licensure of Board Certified Naturopathic Physicians to practice to their full efficacy and capacity in Michigan.
The Michigan Association of Naturopathic Physicians is spearheading an effort to license Board Certified Physicians of Naturopathic Medicine. In 2015 Representative Lisa Lyons re-introduced House Bill 4531 into the Health Policy Committee, to license Naturopathic Physicians in the state of Michigan. Financial support is a necessary component of lobbying for effective legislation to accomplish this feat, and we need your help!
Naturopathic Medicine Encompasses
Safe and Natural Healthcare Options
- Naturopathic Physicians have attended 4 year accredited medical school, passed national medical exams (NPLEX), and completed medical residencies.
- Naturopathy combines natural healing modalities with modern medical practices to address underlying causes of illness to create wellness on an individual basis.
- Naturopathic healing modalities are safe and gentle enough to use in the treatment of all individuals including pediatrics, geriatrics, and immune compromised individuals without harsh side effects.
Individualized and Effective Healthcare
- The physician and patient work together to compile a complete medical history, and a highly individualized healthcare plan.
- Preventive medicine, life style changes, stress management and mind body connection can dramatically improve many chronic health conditions.
- Naturopathic Physicians search for the underlying cause of illness in order to bring patients to homeostasis and achieve optimal health.
Safe and Natural Healthcare Options
- The reduction of chronic healthcare conditions will help ease a currently stressed and overburdened healthcare system.
- Direct and indirect medical costs, as well as insurance premiums would lower because patients would have major improvements in health.
- Studies show that Naturopathic Medicine would “cut the costs of chronic and stress related illness by up to 40%”.
The Benefits of Naturopathic Licensing
- Licensure would allow Naturopathic Physicians to practice under the full scope of medicine for which they were trained.
- Local communities would enjoy an increase in safe and natural healthcare options and highly individualized medial care.
- Naturopathic Physicians would help ease a stressed and overburdened medical system by filling the much-needed role for primary care medicine in the State of Michigan.
- Licensure would make it more feasible for patients to get insurance coverage for Naturopathic Medical Care.
- Patients would not have to travel outside Michigan to see licensed Naturopathic Physicians.
- Licensure would help increase jobs by encouraging more Naturopathic Physicians to move to Michigan communities and relieve rural areas without availability of health care.
How You Can Help
Here are 6 ways you can help today!
- Donate Money. Help support the Michigan Association of Naturopathic Physicians with a financial contribution. Click the “Donate to MANP” link above to help us raise the funds we need for lobbying to pass our legislation.
- Become a Corporate Sponsor: MANP is seeking corporate sponsors to raise money for lobbying purposes. Download our Corporate Sponsorship form for more information.
- Donate Time. Volunteer to help us in our quest to bring a safer, more effective healthcare alternative to your community. Contact us by email or phone to volunteer your time.
- Donate Resources. Do you have access to resources that would further our cause? Contact us about donating today.
- Spread the Word. Tell everyone you know – family, friends, colleagues – and get them involved in this important cause.
- Speak Your Mind. Contact your representatives and discuss the importance of licensure of Naturopathic Medicine for the benefit of your family and community. Mention House Bill 4531 and your support. Email or write them directly or click on “Sign Up for News and Updates” on the top right corner of this page to enter your email address and stay updated as letters to your representatives are needed.
* Donations for lobbying and licensure purposes are non tax deductible. We appreciate your generosity in supporting the MANP.