The licensure of Naturopathic medicine is governed by state legislatures in the United States. The following are states that have licensed Board Certified Doctors of Naturopathic Medicine:
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- United States Territories: Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands
The aforementioned state legislatures had the foresight, organization and awareness of the benefits of Naturopathic Medicine to make licensure a priority. Michigan does not currently have legislation for licensure of Board Certified Naturopathic Physicians to practice to their full efficacy and capacity in Michigan.
The Michigan Association of Naturopathic Physicians is spearheading an effort to license Board Certified Physicians of Naturopathic Medicine. Financial support is a necessary component of lobbying for effective legislation to accomplish this feat.
Naturopathic Medicine Encompasses
The Benefits of Naturopathic Licensing
- Licensure would allow Naturopathic Physicians to practice under the full scope of medicine for which they were trained.
- Local communities would enjoy an increase in safe and natural healthcare options and highly individualized medial care.
- Naturopathic Physicians would help ease a stressed and overburdened medical system by filling the much-needed role for primary care medicine in the State of Michigan.
- Licensure would make it more feasible for patients to get insurance coverage for Naturopathic Medical Care.
- Patients would not have to travel outside Michigan to see licensed Naturopathic Physicians.
- Licensure would help increase jobs by encouraging more Naturopathic Physicians to move to Michigan communities and relieve rural areas without availability of health care.
How You Can Help
LICENSURE OF NATUROPATHIC PHYSICIANS IS AN ENORMOUS UNDERTAKING.
Here are 5 ways you can help today!
- Donate Money. Help support the Michigan Association of Naturopathic Physicians with a financial contribution.
- Donate Time. Volunteer to help us in our quest to bring a safer, more effective healthcare alternative to your community.
- Donate Resources. Do you have access to resources that would further our cause? Contact us about donating today.
- Spread the Word. Tell everyone you know – family, friends, colleagues – and get them involved in this important cause.
- Speak Your Mind. Contact your representatives and discuss the importance of licensure of Naturopathic Medicine for the benefit of your family and community.
* Donations for lobbying and licensure purposes are non tax deductible. We appreciate your generosity in supporting the MANP.